Our broccoli rabe sausage recipe is an excellent alternative to our original sausage and peppers dish. This recipe caters to those who really enjoy broccoli rabe, and its exquisite taste. For your presentation it is optional to leave your sausages whole or sliced into circles.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Total time to cook: 45 minutes
- Level of Difficulty: Medium
- Serving Size: 4-5 servings
- 1 lb. of mild Italian sausage
- 2-3 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 lb. of broccoli rabe (cleaned with stems removed)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, finely diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat olive oil in saucepan.
- Add garlic and cook until golden brown. (leave on the side)
- In another saucepan, bring water to a high boil.
- Add broccoli rabe and cook until tender.
- Drain all but 1/2 cups of water.
- Add garlic and oil to the saucepan.
- Stir occasionally and leave on the side.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and place the sausage on an oiled baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. (turn sausage occasionally)
- Let sausage cool, then cut into 1/4 inch circles, and place back into baking dish.
- Add broccoli rabe to sausage, stir evenly, and cover with foil.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve and enjoy.
Image Used: Source