A delicious appetizer or side dish to compliment your meal. This easy bruschetta recipe offers a contrast in texture between the toasted bread and the tender tomatoes providing a refreshing taste.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Total time to cook: 5-7 minutes
- Level of Difficulty: Easy
- Serving Size: 24 slices
- 6-7 plum tomatoes, diced finely, (par boiled, skin off is optional) drained and seeded.
- 4 cloves of garlic finely minced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 8 basil leaves, diced finely
- 1 baguette Italian bread sliced 1/2 inch
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Turn on grill or preheat oven to 450.
- Combine drained tomatoes, garlic, olive oil and basil (set aside).
- Place bread slices on grill or in oven to toast until golden brown.
- Spoon tomato mix on each slice of bread and serve.
Image Used: Source