Follow this recipe on how to make calzones to enjoy a great alternative from pizza. Be creative and have fun by personalizing your calzone with different fillings. Pepperoni, sausage, peppers, salami, ham and mushrooms may be added to your liking.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Total time to cook: 15 minutes
- Level of Difficulty: Medium
- Serving Size: 4 servings
- 1 lb. prepared pizza dough
- 1 lb. whole milk ricotta
- 1 lb. mozzarella
- 8 oz. sliced boiled ham
- 1 teaspoon of parsley
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- Cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 375-395 degrees.
- Prepare a clean floured surface.
- Roll dough out onto floured surface and cut into four equal pieces.
- Add 1/4 lb. of ricotta, and 1/4 lb. of mozzarella to each piece of dough.
- Sprinkle with parsley, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add one-two slices of ham to each piece. (Optional)
- Fold dough over and seal dough.
- Oil top of each calzone and cut 1-2 air pockets on top of each calzone.
- Place calzones into oiled baking pan.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy.
Serve tomato sauce on the side, for dipping purposes.
Image Used: Source