How to make stuffed shells is a pasta dish that will be enjoyed by everyone. This dish is a family favorite that offers some flexibility when creating. Add other types of fillings to the shells, such as: spinach, ground beef, shrimp, or discover your own favorite fillings to make this recipe your own.
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Total time to cook: 30 minutes
- Level of Difficulty: Medium
- Serving Size: 6 servings
- 2 lb. of whole milk ricotta
- 1 lb. of whole milk diced or shredded mozzarella
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup of grated cheese (Romano or Parmesan)
- 1 teaspoon of chopped parsley
- 1 lb. of jumbo pasta shells
- tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix ricotta, mozzarella, egg, parmesan cheese, and parsley until well blended. (add salt and pepper to taste)
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of the cheese mixture evenly into each pasta shell.
- Spoon 1/2 of the sauce into a baking dish (preferably 13×9 inch).
- Place cooked pasta shells side by side, filling up the baking dish.
- Spoon remaining sauce over the shells, and cover with foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until heated through.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
Rince pasta shells with cold water after cooking for easier handling for stuffing.
Image Used: Source