The perfect recipe to enhance any pasta dish, such as: baked ziti, lasagna, and stuffed shells. Using fresh parsley and basil is essential to making your sauce delicious.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Total time to cook: 45 minutes
- Level of Difficulty: Easy
- Serving Size: 4-6 servings
- 1-28 oz. can of whole plum tomatoes, crushed and de-cored
- 1-28 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of diced onions
- 1/2 teaspoon of parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2-3 fresh basil leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat olive oil in saucepan.
- Add onions and garlic to saucepan and cook to golden brown.
- Add plum tomatoes, can of tomato sauce, parsley, 2-3 basil leaves, salt and pepper to saucepan.
- Simmer for 45-50 minutes.
Cooking meatballs and sausage in your sauce will enhance the flavor.
Image Used: Source