A simple and hearty pasta dish to warm you up on any cold winter night. Add your own personal touch to this flexible pasta fagioli recipe by using different types of beans.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Total time to cook: 15 minutes
- Level of Difficulty: Easy
- Serving Size: 5-6 servings
- 1 lb. elbow pasta
- (1) 16 oz. can of white cannelloni beans
- 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon of diced fresh parsley
- (1) 28 oz. can of tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: 2-3 fresh basil leaves
- Preheat olive oil in saucepan.
- Add garlic and cook until golden brown. (leave on the side).
- In another saucepan, bring water to a high boil.
- Add elbow pasta and cook until al dente (almost done).
- Drain most water, leave about 2 cups of water.
- Add tomato sauce, beans, parsley, basil, garlic and oil.
- Stir occasionally and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
You can substitute peas for catalina beans.
Image Used: Source