The stuffed calamari recipe is the perfect traditional holiday dish for your home. Mixing the calamari and tomato sauce creates a unique flavor and taste that you’re guaranteed to enjoy. When completed, you’ll be satisfied with the presentation this dish has to offer.
- Preparation time: 25-30 minutes
- Total time to cook: 50-60 minutes
- Level of Difficulty: Medium
- Serving Size: 5-6 servings
- 1 lb. of fresh calamari, cleaned and de-veined
- 1 lb. of linguine, cooked and drained
- 16 oz. of plain bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons of diced fresh parsley
- 12-15 toothpicks
- 1/8 cup of water
- 2-3 cloves of minced garlic
- (1) 28 oz. can of tomato sauce
- (1) 28 oz. of whole plum tomatoes, crushed and de-cored
- 2-3 teaspoons of olive oil
- 4-6 fresh basil leaves
- Salt and peper to taste
- In a bowl, mix bread crumbs, 1/2 parsley, salt, pepper and water until smooth in texture.
- Preheat olive oil in a saucepan.
- Add garlic and cook until golden brown.
- Add plum tomatoes, tomato sauce, 1/2 parsley and 2-3 basil leaves into saucepan.
- Simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Spoon bread crumb mixture into each calamari and close the open end with a toothpick.
- Place calamari into saucepan and simmer for 45-50 minutes (until calamari is tender)
- Place cooked linguine in serving dish and add 1/2 sauce (mix evenly).
- Spoon remaining sauce and calamari over pasta and place 2-3 basil leaves on top.
- Serve and enjoy.
You can leave some shells un-stuffed in sauce.
Image Used: Source