This is a two step recipe: breaded chicken cutlets is the first step, which may be served as a main dish. Adding the sauce and cheese creates chicken parmesan. This recipe on how to make chicken cutlets is easy to follow and enjoyed by everyone.
- Preparation time: 25-30 minutes
- Total time to cook: 25-30 minutes
- Level of Difficulty: Easy
- Serving Size: 4-6 servings
- 4 chicken cutlet breasts (filet 1/2 inch thickness)
- 8 oz. of mozzarella, diced and shredded
- 1/4 cups of grated parmesan cheese
- 2-3 fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon of parsley
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 2-3 eggs (beaten smoothly)
- 1 lb. plain breadcrumbs
- Tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat olive oil in saucepan.
- Dip chicken into egg and coat both sides with breadcrumbs. (salt and pepper to taste)
- Place chicken into oiled saucepan and cook both sides until golden brown. (Turn occasionally)
- Place chicken onto paper towels to drain.
- In another saucepan, follow our directions on how to make tomato sauce.
- In a baking dish, spoon sauce so it covers the bottom of the pan.
- Place chicken into saucepan.
- Add tomato sauce (make sure to save some for our top layer), add 1/2 of mozzarella, 1/2 parmesan cheese, 1/2 basil, and 1/2 parsley evenly.
- Place another layer of chicken, so it covers our first layer.
- Add tomato sauce, and remainder of mozzarella, parmesan cheese, basil, and parsley evenly.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cover with foil, and bake for 25 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve and enjoy.
Image Used: Source